Monday, July 2, 2012

Germany

July 2, 2012

I'm pretty fond of Germany in general. Especially after speaking with Germans about the differences between their country and mine. I know everyone hates the whole "enlightened student abroad" thing, but there's a lot I like about Germany. Something about it that suits my personality. 

Believe me, I'll always enjoy driving my CRV, shopping on Sundays, and having 24/7 access to supermarkets. But I'll miss Hamburg's abundant bike paths, the metro announcer voice, the relatively better weather compared to NJ, the walkability, the harbor, the lake, and, most importantly, the 19-cent yogurts. I'd trade America's high fructose corn syrup subsidy for Germany's dairy product subsidy any day of the week.

And of course the inexpensive beer and wine!

- Tom Giordano

No comments:

Post a Comment